Wednesday:) Where in the World?

15 Mar

“To pray is to communicate with the essence. Praying is calling home.”

J.R. Rim

*********

Ok, guess where I am?

Yes, you are correct. Back in Chicago. Feels like I never left.

I told you about my terrible cold yesterday. Well, it’s a little better. I couldn’t sleep well last night, wheezing and coughing. So, I finally slept from about 3-5 am when the alarm went off. Leaving at 6 am for the airport.

Arriving with plenty of time to spare, I sat at the airport by the gate, busy texting away, when I heard, “Hey! Toni. How are you!” I looked up and saw a very handsome American Airlines pilot dressed in his navy blue uniform. Ah, my old neighbor Bob. Well, he’s not old. I’m old. So we hugged and talked about the grandkids and the neighbors. He and his wife, Erin, are very good friends. Such a huge airport. What are the chances of bumping into someone you know, much less a pilot. He was off to Baltimore or some place, I don’t recall. Always nice to see a friendly face. After he left, I thought, dang, I forgot to get a selfie of the two of us. How could I be so lax? Must be the cold. Oops! I hope I didn’t give Pilot Bob my cold germs.

My sister picked me up at O’Hare, we stopped for a nice lunch, then over to Mom’s place. It’s strange being here without her. It’s almost like she’s still here. I guess in a way she is.

After making a big pot of ginger/lemon, honey tea, sorting through a couple of things, I crashed and took a LONG winter’s nap. I woke up in the dark, with only the annoying ticking clock sound in my head. I got up, removed the clock from the wall, and took it to the spare bedroom. That’ll teach it.

So, the adventure begins. I hope your day was good.

8 Responses to “Wednesday:) Where in the World?”

1. Janice Roth March 15, 2018 at 12:19 pm #

Hope you feel better soon!

2. Jolene Kappes March 15, 2018 at 5:08 pm #

God bless you, Toni. This is a hard time, but also a tender-hearted time, when your loss brings you greater perspective. Going through it myself. Bless the memorial you will have tomorrow, may it bring great comfort and peace in your heart. Rest and take care of yourself.

3. paulettemotzko April 9, 2018 at 5:54 am #

So much wisdom to be gleaned here Toni. That photo especially and your words I can relate to more than you know.

God bless you in every way Toni.
    Paulette Motzko

• toniandrukaitis April 9, 2018 at 6:22 am #

Thank you Paulette. Our world’s may intersect somewhere in the atmosphere. Our journeys on a similar path. The world is a huge tiny place.

• paulettemotzko April 9, 2018 at 6:26 am #

Yes it is Toni a huge but very small place the better you know people.

• paulettemotzko April 9, 2018 at 6:29 am #

What’s your email address? I was looking in my Gmail account of all the stories I shared of yours over the years. I couldn’t locate it.

• paulettemotzko April 9, 2018 at 6:30 am #

I will add a few of your hand selected images to the posts I shared, if you’d like me to. You’re photos are so special. I, as always will give you photo credits.

• paulettemotzko April 9, 2018 at 6:31 am #

I wish we could text each other. That would be awesome.