Friday:) From Chaos To Organized

20 Jan

“Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination”

Christina Scalise, Organize Your Life and More

*******************

I’m not sure what that quote means, too many big words, but I recognized procrastination. I majored in that in college. Oh, I know clutter. That was my minor in college, and has been my occupation for all these years.

But, every now and then, I get a bee in my bonnet, (when I can find my bonnet in all the clutter) and I decide to tackle one de-clutter project at a time. I figure if I tackle one project a week, by the end of the year, it’s time to start over again decluttering the first project.

I was inspired when I was looking for a pair of scissors to cut open my package of brownie mix. Very important! The drawer was so disorganized, and there were about five pairs of scissors mingled in between hundreds of paper clips, rubber bands, twist ties, pens, markers, stamps and well, you know the drawer I’m talking about. I think we all have one or a few of those. I decided that after the brownies got placed in the oven for baking, I was going to tackle and organize that one drawer.

BEFORE…

AFTER?..

Aren’t you proud of me? Next January I’ll be tackling it again, I’m sure. But for now, I can find the scissors and I know where the stamps are.

Procrastinators unite! But, maybe tomorrow, or next week.

Have a good weekend.

9 Responses to “Friday:) From Chaos To Organized”

1. Biff Sock Pow January 20, 2018 at 3:52 am #

Congratulations! I’m impressed! And a little jealous.

• toniandrukaitis January 20, 2018 at 5:26 am #

Thanks. The mood strikes very rarely, so I take advantage of it while I can.

2. GP Cox January 20, 2018 at 11:13 am #

Good ones, Toni!! Funny AND truthful!!

3. Candice January 21, 2018 at 5:36 am #

Oh how I wish the organizing gene could be passed on like blue eyes or instead of the tendency to go bald. My grown kids don’t tackle their clutter very aggressively, and I get an uncontrollable urge to clean when I visit them. By the way, nice organizing job on that drawer.

• toniandrukaitis January 21, 2018 at 5:49 am #

Thank you Candice. The mood doesn’t strike me often, but when it does, I fly with it.

4. Matteo January 29, 2018 at 4:25 pm #

Down with clutter!

5. toniandrukaitis March 5, 2018 at 12:38 am #

Thanks Biff. I appreciate the share.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks