Wednesday:) What’s Cookin’ Miss Toni!

18 Jan

“I like to think that when I paint vases, wine glasses, ornaments, or other special gifts, that I’m making a special memory for that person. They know they’re made with love. You just can’t buy that at the store.”

~Toni Armenta Andrukaitis

**************************

What’s cookin’ Miss Toni? Why, glass vases, of course.

I’ve been so blessed to part of the women’s CRHP 28 or Welcome retreat group at St. Gabriel’s these past six months. All the ladies have been meeting every Tuesday and other planning days to prepare for the next incoming group. Because I was out of town for over five weeks, I wasn’t able to join in several of the crafting and planning days. I tried to think of what I could make at home to contribute. We were in need of some table decorations, so I volunteered to paint some vases. Our color scheme is purple and grey, so I painted lavender flowers.

I spent two day painting the different layers, then baking in the oven for durability. I smiled and enjoyed every minute, because I knew that this tiny contribution would add to the beauty of the powerful retreat weekend.

They turned out pretty nice. We are going to put battery operated votive candles at the bottom. I’m pleased. I can’t wait to see all the other crafts and gifts the other ladies made with love, while I was gone.

First layer, then leaves and stems next. Then, into a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Here’s what’s cookin’.

Voila! Baked, cooled and ready to share.

8 Responses to “Wednesday:) What’s Cookin’ Miss Toni!”

1. Biff Sock Pow January 18, 2018 at 1:41 am #

Wow! Those are gorgeous!

• toniandrukaitis January 18, 2018 at 5:59 am #

Thank you. I love painting on glassware. They make great gifts. I’ve taught many people how to paint in glass. It’s also a lot of fun.

2. indianeskitchen January 18, 2018 at 4:32 am #

Beautiful I wish I could paint! Mine would look like a 5 year olds….lol You are very talented!

• toniandrukaitis January 18, 2018 at 5:57 am #

Thank you, you may not be able to paint at the moment, but I’m sure you could learn. I think your talent in the kitchen is an art that many would envy.

• indianeskitchen January 18, 2018 at 4:39 pm #

Awe you are so kind. We all have our own gifts thank God or it would be a boring world!

3. SensiblySha January 19, 2018 at 12:12 pm #

Wow! Those are amazing 💗

4. Bonita January 19, 2018 at 2:30 pm #

Just so beautiful! And the finished pieces😘