Sunday Sermon and Other Stuff

16 Oct

“The ornaments of your home are the people who smile upon entering time and time again.” ― Maralee McKee

*****************

A cool drizzly morning, but the rain held off, and the sun tried to sneak out behind the clouds hovering over the new church structure.

Today’s Gospel was the parable of the King inviting guests to the wedding feast for his son.

My take on it…when we are given the honor to be chosen guests, as into the kingdom of heaven, we need to be appreciative and honor the host. We are all invited to the feast, if we ignore the invitation, refuse to attend or show disrespect, there will be consequences. There are many others who are happy to be invited and enjoy the feast.

***************

After Mass, a quick stop at Sprouts to get some fruit and vegetables. I got several eggplant. I love eggplant. Here’s how I fixed it for dinner.

The trick is breading properly. I learned a few years back that I was doing it wrong. The same goes for chicken, chops, whatever. First dredge in flour, second into egg wash, last into bread crumbs mixed with a little Parmesan cheese. I was doing the egg wash first all those years..NO…the flour is first and helps the egg wash stick. Clever.

Then, I sprayed parchment paper a little and baked at 375  (I used to pan fry in butter-yummy but not so healthy) Time? Until  I was done talking on the phone with my son. I don’t follow recipies or baking times.

Very tasty. I think I’ll have a couple more when I’m done posting here.

Happy Sunday!

14 Responses to “Sunday Sermon and Other Stuff”

1. paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:32 pm #

I love beautiful quotes Toni.
    I went to two masses yesterday out in Summerlin at Our Lady of Las Vegas Catholic church. It’s a beautiful place green is all green candy with trees all around it looks like Southern California. Most places in Las Vegas don’t plan for a much just to say water because the bad energy is so high priced. These are facts. But I went with the intent to go to the 5 mass and instead another 20 minutes late went to that mass and then saw the priest went to communion and then went to the next Mass so I can see the entire thing. Part of the mess they sung in tag-along, which was really beautiful even though I didn’t understand a word they were saying it was so wonderful to see the looks on everybody’s faces and we pray the same our Father prayers held hands and it was really gave me a nice warm feeling inside.

• paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm #

It was supposed to read Nevada Energy is so high priced.

• toniandrukaitis October 16, 2017 at 7:51 pm #

I enjoy going to different. Catholic churches when I travel, especially to see the beautiful stained glass and statues. I always light a candle. But, I also enjoy othe rchurch denominations, to see how other people worship and praise. Very similar. Same focus. I remember going to Mass in Vegas many years back. The priest said that he’s more than happy to accept chips from the many casinos around. He goes and cashes them in, and they are very nice to him.

• paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 8:08 pm #

That’s somethng. I never heard of priests taking casino chips, but if they use it towards the church be pretty cool actually

• paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 8:08 pm #

We should share our cell phone numbers so we can send pictures and anything else we want privately

• toniandrukaitis October 16, 2017 at 7:57 pm #

Thank you for the repost, Paulette.

• paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 8:10 pm #

You are so welcome my dear friend, who just happens to be one of my top followers and a great writer, cook and blogger too!!!!

Paulette Motzko

2. paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:33 pm #

This did not print right and there’s some major typos in it that I didn’t type I don’t know what the hell happened. I’m trying to delete my comments to you because of the typos, I don’t think WordPress allows editing on comments, which they should like Facebook

3. paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:35 pm #

I didnt write ‘all green candy’ and somehow the vocal recognition software put that in

4. paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:35 pm #

Technology can be frustrating at times. You get the point of what I’m trying to say anyway and your post was really wonderful

5. paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:36 pm #

Your zucchini sounded wonderful and I would put homemade marinara sauce on it!

6. paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 7:36 pm #

Make some eggplant Parmesan out of the leftovers

• toniandrukaitis October 16, 2017 at 7:46 pm #

I did, that’s my favorite!
      Thanks. Tried to copy paste a picture here, but it won’t work.

• paulettemotzko October 16, 2017 at 8:07 pm #

I wish WordPress would allow pictures on the comments and also editing. You and I should complain to WordPress to put that in and they will period with enough people talking about it they will they’ll compete with Facebook