Wednesday:Words of Wisdom

8 Aug

I’ve spent the last two days cleaning house. My friend, Adelina, came and helped me for five hours both days. Se did the heavy scrubbing, floors, and bending. I’m still on the mend, and I get winded and dizzy if I do too much. Thank goodness for younger friends with stamina.

20130807-195357.jpg

Unfortunately, I watch hoarders and I say, “Wow, that’s not so bad. I’ve got more junk than that.”

20130807-200119.jpg

I’ve washed the back door glass twice. Two dogs + glass door = doggie nose art.

20130807-200341.jpg
And a little something humorous, just because.

7 Responses to “Wednesday:Words of Wisdom”

1. kathleenmrodgers August 8, 2013 at 1:23 am #

Dear Toni,

Thanks for helping me smile. Hope you are feeling better these days.

Kathleen

• toniandrukaitis August 8, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

Thanks Kathleen. The body is mending, now working on the spirit. Everyone is so caring on wordpress. I’ve met the nicest people that I haven’t met. Hay, my next blog!

2. Trini Armenta August 10, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

Mok,   Just a note to tell you how much I enjoy your blogs.  I  hope you feel better because I  love you.  Getwell fast. Imiss  you.  God bless you, your mom

________________________________

3. pibbsdreamquest August 11, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

Hi Again Toni! This is actually the post that caught my attention about you. (I did a keyword search -hoarders- to help me with researching for my blog) What a delight for me that your blog showed up because of your reference to the show!
    k- of k&p Catalano

• toniandrukaitis August 12, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Hi K. Thanks for visiting. I’m going to have more posts about my hoarding addiction. We’re just in the throws of getting the house ready to put on the market to sell. I have 38 years of stuff that I’ve moved from place to place because I couldn’t part with it. Being an artist, I have rooms filled to the brim with frames, paint,,canvasses, and every craft item known to man. But now, impending divorce, despair and decluttering is my new mantra. Sometimes life forces you to change. Stay tuned!

• pibbsdreamquest August 12, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

Toni,
        Being a new follower, I had not yet didcovered the sad news of your pending divorce. I am very sorry you are facing this pain. I went through that 12 years ago after 21 years of marriage.

On the subject of ‘Being an Artist’ and Rooms filled to the brim with art supplies…We are sisters…dare I say it…identical twins. I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to read our blog from the beginning…(I think we have only 16 posts so far…so it might not be too much of an ordeal to catch up with where we are to date) but we are detailing the whole de-hoarding process and pursuement of our dream…what we have so far might help or you may have already gotten past the point where we are.

The despair part…that is hard…I have reams of poems detailing my darkest moments…someday I may post them (but with a warning and a DDD rating–Deeply Darkly Depressing) There will also be GGG–Gooey Gooey Gumdrop–sickenly sweet and lighthearted romantic fare, SSS– Super Silly Samplings–self explanatory, and EEE–Edgy Earthy Enlightening

All in all, sometimes keeping your mind focused and very busy is the best weapon to fight despair but when you have to give in to it, penning the thoughts in poem, prose or free-streaming, often helps to lance that emotional boil.

So glad to meet you!!!!
        k- of k&p Catalano

4. toniandrukaitis August 12, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

Thanks K. I will check back at your blog and find some inspiration and hopefully some tips on de-cluttering my stuff and my life. Your word mean a lot, and yes, writing it all down helps the soul. Take care.